Your first visit to Tilehouse Dental Practice.
When you come to see us for the first time, your appointment will last a little longer because we will want to spend some time getting to know you and fully examining your mouth.
After the warmest of welcomes, the following will happen:
- Your dentist will ask about your medical history and check any forms you have completed to make sure it is safe to carry out treatment.
- They will assess the condition of your teeth and screen for oral cancer by looking inside your mouth and inside your cheeks, as well as checking your tongue. They will also give you an external examination, checking your neck and jaw for anything out of the ordinary.
- If required, you may also have radiographs (x-rays) to reveal concealed conditions, such as loss of bone density or hidden decay.
- The dentist will let you know the outcome of the examination and discuss any treatment that may be required, as well as all the options available, the cost and how long it will take.
- You will be given a printed treatment plan to read and sign.